- Generally recommended to be done annually for at least ten years after diagnosis. Please refer to discharge instructions for the specific patient
- If patient has had reconstruction, mammograms are NOT recommended
- If an abnormality is detected on a clinical exam, it should be investigated further even in the context of a normal mammogram
Bloodwork, X-ray, bone scans, Ultrasounds and CT scans are only recommended for new, unexplained symptoms
and are NOT part of recommended surveillance.
Bone mineral density scans:
- Recommended for patients receiving treatment with aromatase inhibitors (anastrazole, exemestane, letrozole)
- Baseline scan is suggested at initiation of therapy and then 2–3 years later if first scan is norma